Independent Senior Living with Support
Even when you are living independently, there may be times when a little extra support would be very welcome.
If you are recovering from an operation, or would appreciate a little extra help, we can help you find a quality domiciliary care provider.
We can also welcome you into either the Abbey in Wiltshire or the Manor in Hampshire, where our care team will look after you until you can get back on your feet and return home.
Independent Living Services: We’ve got it covered
The service charge for supported living at the Abbey or Manor is more comprehensive than most other providers, with most jobs and costs associated with running and maintaining your home all covered.
The service charge includes:
- Daily four-course lunch with the other residents
- Central heating all year round when colder weather takes hold and temperatures fall below 18 degrees
- External maintenance, including window cleaning
- Landscaping and maintenance of our stunning grounds and parklands
- Complimentary private lawn mowing
- Regular domestic support and refuse collection
- Complimentary handyman service for small tasks
- Water rates, buildings insurance for your property and communal areas
- Yearly boiler servicing and professional gutter clearance
- External maintenance and redecoration of communal facilities
- Provision and maintenance or replacement of cookers, fridges and freezers if required
- Periodic testing and servicing of your emergency call system and smoke alarms
- Resident recycling bins
- Serviced communal lifts
- Complimentary parking with garages available by separate arrangement
- WiFi in shared areas
- Fully serviced guest apartments at advantageous prices
- Communal, well equipped resident laundry rooms
The grounds are yours to enjoy in every season and massively important to our independent living residents and the families who love to visit. You even have complimentary fishing rights on the banks of our stretch of the Hampshire Avon.
There's always plenty to do, when you want to. Themed lunches, theatre visits, specialist talks, days out to the beach or local gardens, bridge evenings - the list is constantly updated.
We can act as your concierge, arrange for papers to be delivered, sort a driver for an outing or collect your prescriptions. You can make the most of our on-site hairdressing salons and, at Amesbury Abbey the on-site physiotherapy practice and residents' library.
Supported living at the Abbey or Manor also means we have the chance to forge friendships with our residents.
Catching up daily with staff popping in for a quick chat on the doorstep or for half an hour over coffee and cake is a pleasure, but it also has an important purpose. By getting to know every resident we can quickly spot if they're under the weather, feeling low, have family news or are off on holiday and may want us to keep an eye on their home.
Independent Living homes at Sutton Manor in Hampshire
Orchard Thatch: Eight award-winning thatched cottages in a horseshoe-shaped development.
East Wing & The Crows Nest: Beautiful balcony apartments in a wing of the Manor.
The Bothy Mews: Twelve character apartments in a converted herringbone brick and timber stable yard.
Garden Court: Four spacious apartments built on the site of Lord J Arthur Rank's former sunken garden.
New Court: Eight apartments enjoying beautiful views across the estate, a few with access into the Manor directly.
The Water Tower: A unique residence in the eastern corner of the estate.
Forest & Tamar Cottages: Larger stand-alone residences with private road access, conservatories and gardens.
Independent living homes at Amesbury Abbey in Wiltshire
The Game House: A three-bedroomed character cottage that was once the Game Larder to the Abbey. It has been extensively modernised and has its own private garden.
Garden Cottages: Two modern cottages designed with disabled access and with their own conservatories and private gardens. They both look out on to the extensive Abbey grounds.
Mews I & Mews II: Each of the apartments (18 in Mews I and 12 in Mews II) are individual and the majority have either a balcony overlooking the gardens or French windows leading out to their own patio area. Both Mews buildings have a courtyard garden with garden tables and chairs for the residents' use.
East, South & West Wing: Beautiful apartments on the top floor of the Abbey itself with wonderful views.